Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Friendship

I am reflecting on the people in my life who are my friends.  (my husband was my first true friend and still is to this day).  Friendship is such a wonderful gift when it is pure and true and honest.  My all time favorite bible verse comes from the Apocrypha, Sirach, Chapter 6, 14-17.

"A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter: he that has found one has found a treasure.  There is nothing so precious as a faithful friend, and no scales can measure his excellence.  A faithful friend is an elixir of life: and those who fear the Lord will find him.  Whoever fears the Lord directs his friendship aright for ashe is, so is his neighbor also."

I am not one to quote bible verse.  This one is so rarely read by the average person though (as it is in the Apocrypha) that I thought it would be well placed. 

I have MANY faithful friends.  People I can trust, people I can say anything to and who will honestly hear me and tell me what they think.  People who will tell me when they think I have headed in the wrong direction. People who will listen to me rant, or cry or laugh and never judge me for it.  People who are selfless and kind and not boastful or egotistical. 

Truely there are no scales to measure, and these friends are the ELIXER of my life.  I am thankful for you all and only hope that I can be a faithful friend to you as well!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful ~ and thank you even belatedly for posting. You are right - I do not know these verses at all. Blessed thoughts.

    ReplyDelete